Advanced engineering and manufacturing were the topic discussed at a summit held by British Business Embassy during London Olympics, 2012. Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg announced a series of investments and deals in the engineering, aerospace and automotive sectors. These investments will add thousands of jobs in these industries. Manufacturing facilities for these industries will hire more staff to meet the growing demands of the market. Announcements of investments and deals will safeguard jobs and accelerate growth in these sectors.
Partnership between universities and colleges and business has helped the UK in maintaining the high standards of manufacturing. This has also aid in retaining the excellence in supply chain management and the lead position of British engineering in the world market.
British business firms invest a lot in innovative manufacturing technology, research and development and skills to sustain and retain their position in the competitive world market.
Some of the deals announced during the summit are:
- Tbilisi Aircraft Manufacturing and MARKET-MATS along with The Get It Group LLC will open and invest in an advanced manufacturing campus at the Hereford Enterprise Zone and Model Farm Ross-on-Wye. This new facility will create over 1,000 new vacancies.
- 169 apprentices and graduates will be hired by Airbus in September 2012.
- Bifrangi will invest 39 million pounds for a steel forge in Lincoln. This new development will create approx. 50 jobs and safeguard 100 jobs.
- Pirelli Group is planning to invest 20 million pounds in R&D; 37 new jobs will be created and 120 jobs will be safeguarded.
- GKN plc will increase its production and manufacturing capacity at Birmingham and Telford by investing 12 million pounds.
- Precision Technologies Group (PTG) has signed a contract to supply machines worth 3.3 million pounds to China.
- Cella Energy has tied up with NASA to aid in its research on advanced technologies. This tie up will create 25 new jobs in Cella Energy.
- BGS International will assist the Indian Government in implementation of a major airborne geophysical survey programme for 97,000 pounds.
Be a part of the growth in the engineering, aerospace and automotive sectors in UK. Professionals from these sectors can grab this golden opportunity to find a job and settle in UK
Get your profile evaluated by our UK immigration experts. Fill a simple and FREE Evaluation Form
or contact us at 1800 103 1555
Share your views with us on Facebook
. For detailed information visit Opulentus